Reading Challenge stimulates students' interest in reading by providing playful quizzes of designated books. Students who have completed the scheme will be awarded. Teachers can understand students' reading habits and capabilities with online reports.
- Stimulate students’ interest in reading and develop students' reading ability
Two levels of challenges for students to choose from:
- Junior Level: suitable for P1-6 students
- Senior Level: suitable for S1-6 students
- Challenges are released in October, December and April. Students need to log in with their HKEdCity student accounts to finish the challenges within the scheme period.
- Each challenge includes preview of book contents, questions, record of reading progress, etc.
- All students are free to join the scheme and get individual student prizes.
- Teacher reports with student progress are available on the website.
- Hong Kong Education City have the final decision on the rules, terms and results of Reading Challenge.
Each challenge include the following items:
- Go to HK Reading City to read excerpt of the book.
- Take the quiz about the book.
- Add the book to 'My Reading Log', save and record your reading progress!
- Express your feelings and find more good books.