A Golden Chain
Last Modified: 23/12/2016
Della buys a Christmas present for her husband. (Part 2)
- 1Della showed her hair to the shopkeeper.
- 2Good! I'll pay you twenty dollars.
- 3Thank you! Thank you very much!
- 4said Della
- 5Thank you very much!
- 6Della was very happy.
- 7She walked around the stores.
- 8Happy Christmas!
- 9God bless you!
- 10Merry Christmas, ma'am!
- 11Merry Christmas!
- 12Would you show me the watch chain over there?
- 13Sure. Here it is.
- 14It will match perfectly with Jim's watch.
- 15Della was filled with joy.
- 16Actually, Jim's watch was made of gold.
- 17But he used an old leather strap instead of a golden chain.
- 18Oh, it's time he comes!
- 19Thank you, sir!
- 20Thank you very much, Ms.!
- 21Della prepared coffee and some dishes for Christmas.
- 22Then there was the sound of footsteps coming up.
- 23My! It must be Jim.
- 24Oh, God, please help me!
- 25She began to worry.
- 26Please make him think I'm still pretty.
- 27The door opened and somebody came in.
- 28It was Jim, Della's husband.