♦ Primary 1 - 3 ♦ Primary 4 - 6 ♦ Secondary 1 - 3 ♦ Secondary 4 - 6
♦ Personal, Social and Humanities Education
Mightifier is a teacher’s tool to help kids master their social and emotional skills. Based on research, improved social skills lead to better self-esteem, relieved stress, decreased bullying and better learning results. In Mightifier Application students learn to give each other positive feedback based on their friends’ character strengths (e.g., fairness, teamwork, and honesty). Students can spot those strengths from their classmates’ daily behavior.
- Increases school motivation
- Relieves stress
- Builds an optimized environment for learning
- Measures class room’s social well-being
- Reports learning outcomes
Major Steps on how to use it:
- The ideal frequency of Mightifier use is one to two times a week 10 minutes at a time.
- Teacher opens up a mightifying session in one’s own account.
- After the kids in the class can log in to their own accounts and see the task that the teacher has assigned to them.
- Everyone will see to whom they are supposed to give feedback.
- The kids select 1 or 2 character strengths that they think describe the person to whom they give the feedback. After selecting the strengths, the kids write a reasoning of why they selected the specific strengths to their classmates. It’s important to encourage and help the kids write good descriptions. Well-reflected feedback leads to bigger thrive in the class.
Social and emotional skills, social and emotional learning, SEL, stress relieving, positive feedback, character strengths, self-esteem, positive pedagogy, academic skill, e-learning
Sharing from school
Learning & Teaching Expo 2017 - Be a Change Maker: Reflection and Insights from Finland Visit for Educational Innovations
Speaker: Ms Sylvia Chan May-kuen, Principal, Ma On Shan Ling Liang Primary School
Mightifier Training Workshop Review
Date: 20th March, 2017 (Monday)
Time: 3:30pm - 6:00pm
Teaching resources could be found here to help teachers kick off using eResources in learning and teaching, and experience the benefits.
Suggested Lesson Plan: Appreciate your Classmates (Teaching Ideas)
With the use of Mightifier, students can discover each other's strengths while understanding their own personalities so as to enhance self-confidence.