How to Colonize a New Planet
Last Modified: 15/10/2019
There are six steps in colonizing a newly discovered world, as based on the evidence that thousands of planets exist.
- 1 How to Colonize a New Planet.
- 2Now that scientists have discovered evidence of thousands of other planets,...
- 3...the next question is obviously, how can we colonize them?
- 4Keep these considerations in mind to become a colonial power of galactic proportion.
- 5You will need: a planet in the Goldilocks zone,...
- 6...speedy spaceships, outer space fertility,...
- 7...man - made biospheres and terraforming.
- 8Step 1: Target a planet in the so-called Goldilocks zone,...
- 9...close enough to a sun so temperatures are neither too hot nor too cold but just right.
- 10This ensures that water would be available in liquid form.
- 11Step 2: Figure out how to get there in this lifetime.
- 12Most planets are light-years away.
- 13Circumventing the speed of light would be a good start.
- 14Step 3: If possible, pick an uninhabited land.
- 15It's much easier to colonize a new planet without any alien life forms...
- 16...who could very well outsmart and overpower earthlings.
- 17Renowned astrophysicist Stephen Hawking said that alien life is likely.
- 18Step 4: Protect human fertilization.
- 19Scientists investigating the feasibility of colonizing Mars...
- 20...found that high levels of radiation in space would make pregnancy problematic.
- 21And negative population growth makes a planet pretty hard to colonize.
- 22Step 5: Build housing:...
- 23...man - made biospheres that allow people to survive on the new planet...
- 24...by providing closed ecological systems.
- 25Step 6: Start terraforming:...
- 26...changing the new planet's environment so earthlings can live outside their biospheres.
- 27Then, try not to pollute it so soon!
- 28Did you know?
- 29Scientists believe that as many as half the stars in our galaxy...
- 30...have planets that are two to ten times the size of Earth and may sustain life.