Getting to Know Snakes
Last Modified: 12/03/2019
There are many surprising facts about snakes.
- 1 Snakes are cold-blooded reptiles that depend on the heat from their surroundings...
- 2...to control the temperature of their bodies.
- 3This is why most snakes are found in tropical regions of the world.
- 4There are no snakes in Iceland, Greenland and Antarctica.
- 5The venom of the king cobra, the world's largest poisonous snake,...
- 6...is strong enough to kill an elephant.
- 7Snakes have highly stretchable jaws...
- 8...and can swallow a prey three times larger than their mouth.
- 9Snakes shed their skins every once in a while so they are usually very, very clean.