The Adventures of Pinocchio
Last Modified: 12/03/2019
The puppet that came to life lied to his maker so they both got into trouble.
- 1 Long ago, there lived a lonely old carpenter named Geppetto.
- 2He made a puppet out of some wood, a ball, and a string.
- 3That night, a fairy visited and cast a spell that made the puppet walk and talk.
- 4Geppetto named him Pinocchio.
- 5Geppetto gave Pinocchio some money and sent him into town to buy schoolbooks.
- 6Instead, Pinocchio spent the money on a circus ticket.
- 7The fairy asked him what he did with the money and he lied to her.
- 8Suddenly, his nose grew.
- 9The fairy said, "Whenever you lie, your nose will get bigger."
- 10"Now go find Geppetto."
- 11"He's out looking for you by the sea."
- 12Pinocchio was rowing a small boat in the sea and found Geppetto inside a whale.
- 13Pinocchio made the whale sneeze and they escaped.
- 14Relieved, he promised to never lie again.
- 15The fairy said, "Keep that promise and I will turn you into a real boy." https://www.englishcentral.com/videodetails/13265