Last Modified: 19/01/2018
A boy with a rare illness attends school for the first time.
- 1 My name is Auggie Pullman.
- 2Next week, I start 5th grade.
- 3And since I've never been to a real school before, I'm pretty much totally petrified.
- 4I'll see you later.
- 5You don't want to walk up with your parents because it's not cool.
- 6But you're cool.
- 7I know I am but technically, most dads aren't and neither are these helmets.
- 8Dear God, please make them be nice to him.
- 10You don't have to do this.
- 11I don't know what you're talking about, Auggie.
- 12You don't have to pretend is all I'm saying.
- 13Okay, I'm really sorry.
- 14Why are you sitting here then?
- 15Because I want some nice friends for a change.
- 16Me too.
- 17Who is it that I aspire to be?
- 18That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.
- 19Hey Jack, come sit here.
- 20In a sec.
- 21You haven't thought about having plastic surgery?
- 22Dude, this is after plastic surgery.
- 23It takes a lot of work to look this good.