Choosing the Right Christmas Tree
Last Modified: 21/12/2017
Here are some things you should keep in mind before buying a Christmas tree for your home.
- 1 Is it fresh or is it fake?
- 2Tough to tell right?
- 3Artificial trees aren't what they used to be.
- 4They're more realistic and they're easier to set up.
- 5Well, before you buy,...
- 6...here are some things to think about when you choose your artificial tree.
- 7The material matters.
- 8You can choose shredded PVC,...
- 9...which used to be the main material used for artificial trees.
- 10Not very realistic-looking, but it is easy on the budget.
- 11Or you can choose PE or polyethylene.
- 12PE can be molded to look more like a real tree.
- 13It gives the branches and needles more substance and they're more pliable.
- 14Finally, the choice of material influences the time it takes to set up the tree.
- 15Trees made from shredded PVC do need some shaping,...
- 16...while trees made from PE are basically ready to go right out of the box.
- 17Wanna save even more time?
- 18Choose a pre-lit tree so you can just pop it together and plug it in.
- 19Remember to shop with some measurements in hand.
- 20You need to know the height of the space where you'll place the tree...
- 21...and available width too.
- 22And don't forget to account for a tree topper when you're measuring.