True Love in Romantic Movies
Last Modified: 13/02/2019
The films "Love Story" and "Titanic" exemplify the classic formula of romance stories.
- 1Would you please hold me?
- 2In "Love Story," the 1970 tearjerker,...
- 3...the couple is shattered, as Jennifer, Oliver's wife, loses her battle to cancer.
- 4Oliver along with millions of viewers the world over were left to mourn.
- 5James Cameron's "Titanic" is more recent but still uses the classic formula:...
- 6...love unites, life separates, but love endures.
- 7We're gonna make it, Rose. Trust me.
- 8I trust you.
- 9The love story of Jack Dawson and his upper crust lover Rose...
- 10...is as short as the ocean liner's ill-fated trip.
- 11Rose survives, and with her, so does her love for Jack.
- 12The film garnered 11 Academy Awards and broke the box office record of all time,...
- 13...at least until "Avatar".
- 14It also made Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet superstars.
- 15But "Titanic" aside, young people today seem to prefer more realistic on-screen romances,...
- 16...like this young lady.
- 17I think the younger generation is a little bit more cynical.
- 18And I think there's a little less loyalty in general.
- 19Regardless of age, few can resist true love...
- 20...when they find it, even if it's just for a couple of hours inside a dark theater.