Achieving Your New Year's Resolutions
Last Modified: 29/12/2017
An expert shares some ways in fulfilling one's New Year's resolution in a short span of time.
- 1I tracked the lives of 5,000 people as they attempted to achieve their New Year's resolutions.
- 2Now most of them failed, but ten percent did obtain their aims and ambitions.
- 3But what were they doing was so different.
- 4But it all came down to five simple principles.
- 5First of all, they broke their goal into a series of smaller steps.
- 6Second, they told their friends and family what they were trying to achieve.
- 7So that elicited more of a fear of failure but also a sense of support.
- 8Third, they frequently reminded themselves about the benefits of obtaining their goal.
- 9Fourth, they gave themselves a small reward each time they obtain one of their small steps.
- 10And finally, they mapped out their progress.
- 11Either on the spreadsheet, on the fridge door or in a journal.
- 12So, they knew exactly where they were.
- 13And those are the five key principles to actually achieving your New Year's resolutions.