Giant Lego Chess Set
Last Modified: 01/12/2016
A team of inventors created an amazing giant chess set using Lego and a special set of motors.
- 1Hi, I'm Steve Hassenplug and this is Monster Chess.
- 2It's a very large Lego chess set.
- 3It took four of us about a year to design and build.
- 4There's about a hundred thousand LEGO pieces...
- 5...and it's about $30,000 worth of Lego.
- 6If you look at it, you can see all the pieces are of different heights.
- 7So, like the more important pieces are the bigger heights,...
- 8...which is the way it really is in chess.
- 9The higher-ranking pieces will actually have actions that they can do...
- 10...like the knight, whenever it's moving, it actually runs its legs...
- 11...so you can see the legs moving.
- 12The rook actually has a cannon that'll fire when it puts a king in check.
- 13The queen and king both have a scepter that they rap...
- 14...and then the bishop has a candle.
- 15And the pawns are just pawns, they don't really do anything.