You Made It!
Last Modified: 13/07/2017
Commencement speakers give inspiring and somewhat entertaining advice to fresh graduates.
- 1I know that many of you made miracles happen to get to this day.
- 2You've shuttled between challenging classes and Greek life.
- 3You worked hard,...
- 4...studying late into the night.
- 5You've survived so much to get to this moment.
- 6However you got here, you made it.
- 7What you choose to do next is what we call in the movies the "character defining moment."
- 8The stories you are about to live...
- 9...are the ones you will be telling your children and grandchildren and therapists.
- 10But seriously, I know that graduation speakers are supposed to inspire...
- 11...and offer good advice,...
- 12...but I'm gonna be honest.
- 13The world is full of bastards.
- 14You won't always get everything you want.
- 15Life is like the Star Wars movies.
- 16Some of it is great, some of it sucks,...
- 17...but you have no choice but to sit through all of it.
- 18The moments that really matter are the moments when life tells you no,...
- 19...the days that challenge you to your very core.
- 20So, don't lose hope...
- 21...no matter how dark it gets...
- 22...just please be honest with yourself.
- 23Live your dreams, not the dreams of others.
- 24Go out and do what your teachers and parents thought could not be done.
- 27Congratulations, Class of 2016.
- 28Good luck