Why Should I Brush My Teeth?
Last Modified: 05/10/2018
Guess what? You can help your teeth from going bad and falling out!
- 1Come on, Katie! Time to brush our teeth before we go to bed.
- 2Why do I have to brush my teeth?
- 3You need to brush your teeth to keep them clean and healthy.
- 5When you eat, food can get stuck between your teeth.
- 6Is that bad?
- 7Well, it can make your teeth go bad.
- 8And then they fall out!
- 9Hmm... like the way your teeth fell out?
- 10Well, my teeth fell out, well, my baby teeth, everybody loses their baby teeth when they're growing up.
- 11And then they get more teeth, like you did.
- 12Yes! You get grown-up teeth.
- 13But they have to last forever.
- 14You don't get any more.
- 15Oh, how can I stop my teeth from going bad?
- 16Well, when you brush your teeth you can clean away all bits of food that might be stuck between them.
- 17Like this?
- 19Make sure you clean all your teeth even the ones at the back...
- 20...and don't forget your gums.
- 21What are gums?
- 22Your gums hold your teeth onto your mouth so it's really important to look after them too.
- 23I think all my teeth are clean now, look.
- 24They're very clean.
- 25Keep brushing your teeth every day...
- 26...and you'll be able to keep that lovely, shiny white smile