If the Shoe Fits Wear It
Last Modified: 12/12/2016
Learn more about the idiom "If the shoe fits, wear it" in this video.
- 1Have you ever heard the phrase, "If the shoe fits wear it?"
- 2The expression "If the shoe fits wear it..."
- 3...is used to tell someone to accept a criticism that another person has made.
- 4For example, "My mom just said I'm lazy and should get out and exercise more."
- 5Well, if the shoe fits wear it, I suppose.
- 6In other words, if something applies to you, accept it.
- 7Let's check out the next few clips to learn and practice how to use this idiom.
- 8What do you think of my new sunglasses?
- 9If the shoe fits wear it