Santa's Magical Sleigh
Last Modified: 23/12/2016
A scientist explains how Santa delivers gifts to millions of homes.
- 1So you may be thinking, "How does Santa get around the whole world in one night?"
- 2Let's say that Santa needs to visit every one of the two billion children in the world.
- 3The average home has two and a half children,...
- 4...so that means he has to visit around 800 million homes.
- 5Because it becomes night at different times all around the globe,...
- 6...he actually has 48 hours to deliver all the presents.
- 7So that means he needs to get to around five houses every single second.
- 8The most likely explanation is that he uses an antimatter rocket on the back of his sleigh.
- 9Antimatter has the opposite charge to normal matter.
- 10And when they combine together, they create a huge explosion of energy,...
- 11...blasting the sleigh forward at nearly the speed of light.
- 12NASA is studying this to use in their rocket engines,...
- 13...but it looks like Santa has already beaten them to it