World's First Armless Pilot
Last Modified: 12/03/2019
Jessica Cox defies all odds by pursuing her passion despite her physical disability.
- 1Jessica Cox was born without arms due to a rare, nongenetic birth defect.
- 2But this hasn't held her back from driving a car, gaining a black belt in Taekwondo,...
- 3...playing the piano, scuba diving...
- 4...and becoming the world's first licensed armless pilot.
- 5Naturally, people saw the fact that I didn't have arms as a limiting factor.
- 6But I was there to prove them wrong.
- 7Now, she travels the world as a motivational speaker with her husband Patrick.
- 8If I had to describe Jessica in three words,...
- 9...it would be kind, positive and unstoppable.
- 10In 2008, her determination paid off...
- 11...when she became the first licensed armless pilot in the world.
- 12Three years, three different airplanes, three different flight instructors,...
- 13...80 hours of flying in three different states, I was a certified pilot.
- 14It was a long ordeal