Stop Killing Me
Last Modified: 13/06/2019
Coral has spoken and he warns us of the danger the world may face if we lose all of him.
- 1I am coral.
- 2Some people think I'm just a rock.
- 3When, in fact, I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.
- 4I'm so big, I can be seen from space.
- 5But for how long?
- 6I grew for almost 250 million years.
- 7And humans came along and now 1/5 of me is gone.
- 8Sure, I live at the bottom of the sea.
- 9And you might not see me that often.
- 10But you do need me.
- 11Do you realize that one quarter of all marine life depends on me?
- 12I am the nursery of the sea.
- 13Little fish depend on me for food.
- 14And to hide from the big fish.
- 15And guess who eats the big fish?
- 16That's right, you do.
- 17I'm the protein factory for the world.
- 18Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean so I can't live here anymore.
- 19And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean, I'm your fortress.
- 20Yet you tear me apart with dynamite and poison me with cyanide.
- 21Well, here's a crazy thought: Stop killing me