He Named Me Malala
Last Modified: 08/02/2017
Get to know more about Malala Yousafzai's journey as an advocate for girls' education.
- 1You named her after a girl who spoke out and was killed.
- 2It's almost as if you said, "She'll be different."
- 3You're right.
- 4I am those 66 million girls who are deprived of education.
- 5I am not a lone voice.
- 6I am many.
- 7And our voices are our most powerful weapons.
- 8One child, one teacher, one book, and one pen.
- 9They can change the world.
- 10My father only gave me the name Malala.
- 11He didn't make me Malala.
- 12I chose this life and now I must continue it