How to Send Letters to Santa Claus
Last Modified: 06/12/2017
Canadian children can send their Christmas wishes to Santa in different ways.
- 1Four-year-old Gavin isn't taking any chances.
- 2He's going straight to Santa with his list of Christmas wishes.
- 3Yes, lots of toys.
- 4You want lots of toys from Santa?
- 5It's the time of year when Santa gets lots of letters.
- 6This year, there's been some confusion...
- 7...about whether a stamp is needed to send a letter to the North Pole.
- 8You don't have to put a stamp on it, if you're sending a letter to Santa,...
- 9...it'll still be sent to the North Pole.
- 10We are prepared and ready for the letters for Santa.
- 11He's waiting for them.
- 12And we've been helping him do that for 30 years.
- 13Writing letters to Santa is a tradition that predates Canada Post, dating back 200 years.
- 14In England for instance, for a long time young children would burn the letters in a fireplace,...
- 15...thinking that somehow, through some kind of magic,...
- 16...the smoke from the embers would send their wishes to Santa.
- 17Now, mailing a letter isn't the only way to reach Santa.
- 18Turns out he's pretty high-tech.
- 19At emailsanta.com, you can send your Christmas list in an instant with the click of a button.
- 20As for reaching Santa these days, of course there's an app for that.
- 21If kids live in a digital age,...
- 22...it just makes sense to reach them where they're already playing.
- 23And I think an app is always gonna be very easy to use.
- 24Brooklyn's mom says it's not hard to imagine for her little one.
- 25I'm sure she would be in a few years,...
- 26...rather than writing a letter, she'd be typing, right?
- 27But whether it's on paper or online, Santa says he reads all of his mail.
- 28We have a big bag of mail every night...
- 29...and the computer is just full of all these letters and everything.
- 30You must be very busy.
- 31Oh, I am.
- 32I'm very busy all the time.
- 33Jennifer Palisoc, Global New