A Changed Man
Last Modified: 23/12/2016
Looking at his life made Scrooge promise to be a better man. (Part 4)
- 1The ghost didn't say anything, but nodded his head.
- 2No, please, sir. I'm a different person now.
- 3I've changed. I will honor Christmas now.
- 4Everyday of the year I will be filled with the Christmas spirit.
- 5Scrooge burst into tears.
- 6How can I erase my name from the tombstone?
- 7Overcome with emotion, Scrooge fainted.
- 8He awoke in his own bed again.
- 9It was sunny outside.
- 10He jumped out of bed full of joy because he was alive.
- 11I don't have to be miserable and sad anymore.
- 12Life is so wonderful.
- 13Scrooge got dressed quickly and went outside.
- 14Everyone was smiling and happy because it was Christmas Day.
- 15Scrooge also smiled at everyone he met.
- 16People recognized him and were surprised.
- 17Scrooge kept smiling.
- 18He was happy to be alive.
- 19He remembered his nephew's invitation and walked to his house.
- 20He knocked on his nephew's door.
- 21Uncle Scrooge! I never expected to see you.
- 22Merry Christmas, nephew. Thank you for your patience.
- 23Of course, you are my family. Come in for dinner.
- 24Thank you. Could you please give these gifts to your wife and tell her I'm sorry for the way I've treated her?
- 25Sure, uncle.
- 26From that day, Scrooge became a different man.
- 27He became less concerned with money and cared more about people.
- 28He gave his assistant Bob a raise in salary and helped tiny Tim to get healthy