The Ghost of Christmas Present
Last Modified: 23/12/2016
A story about a very bitter man and how he was given another chance at happiness on Christmas eve. (Part 1)
- 1Once upon a time, there was a stingy man whose name was Ebenezer Scrooge.
- 2No people in the town liked him.
- 3Even beggars never asked him for anything.
- 4But, he didn't care at all.
- 5One Christmas Eve, he was working late in his office with his assistant, Bob.
- 6It was a very cold day but they had only a small fire to save money.
- 7It's so cold.
- 8At that moment, Scrooge's nephew came into the store.
- 9Merry Christmas, Uncle!
- 10Why are you so merry? You're poor.
- 11Then why are you so miserable? You're rich.
- 12Bah! Humbug!
- 13Uncle, please come to dinner tomorrow for Christmas.
- 14No, I'm busy.
- 15Are you sure?
- 16I said no. Don't bother me and go away!
- 17Well, have a Merry Christmas anyway, Uncle.
- 18His nephew also wished Bob a Merry Christmas and left.
- 19I suppose you want to have tomorrow off, Bob?
- 20Yes, please.
- 21Okay, but you'll have to come in extra early the next day then.
- 22Oh, sure. Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas, sir.
- 23Bob ran home to be with his family on Christmas Eve.
- 24Scrooge had a lonely dinner at an old restaurant that night and went home.
- 25As he was opening the door, the knocker changed into a ghostly face.
- 26It was the face of his dead business partner, Jacob Marley.
- 27He shook his head and walked into the house.
- 28He looked all through his house and saw no ghosts, so he sat down by the fire.
- 29This is strange, but I don't believe in ghosts.
- 30Just then, he heard strange noises and rattling chains coming up the stairs.
- 31Scrooge! Scrooge! Scrooge!
- 32A ghost walked through a wall and came towards him.
- 33Who is it?
- 34I was your partner, Jacob Marley.
- 35What do you want from me?
- 36I want to tell you that you still have a chance to live a happy life