Popular Primary English Resources
Last Modified: 15/05/2018
Many teachers have shared their valuable resources on Resources Depository. Here are some of the popular primary English resources:
This resource uses 'shopping' as a theme to teach students the language used in shopping, such as describing quantity and using 'how much' to ask about prices. There are eye-catching pictures and interactive activities which boost students’ interest to learn.Learning Outcomes:
Level: P2This resource contains a drama (ETV) about the story of a girl on her birthday and 3 sets of worksheets which provide suggested activities such as fill-in-the-blank while-watching exercises and songs, etc.Learning Outcomes:
- Name products in supermarkets
- Describe quantity using ‘a packet of’, ‘a carton of’ and ‘a bottle of’, etc.
- Use dialogues in shopping such as 'I want ________.' and 'Let’s __________.'
- Use ‘How much’ to find out prices
- Read price list and shopping list
Level: P1There is a PowerPoint that teaches students how to distinguish between animals and pets, name pets and use learned adjectives to describe pets. There is also a worksheet for students to draw and write about their pets.Learning Outcomes:
- Identify common places
- Ask and tell where people are
- State opinions and express feelings
Level: P5This PowerPoint teaching students vocabulary of hobbies with pictures and the use of 'for' and 'since' with present perfect tense through examples.Learning Outcomes:
- Tell the names of pets
- Use adjectives to describe pets, such as big noses, long ears and short tail, etc.
- Describe a hobby, such as 'dance ballet', 'collect stamps' and 'play the piano', etc.
- Use 'since' and 'for' appropriately with present perfect tense
- Distinguish the difference between the use of 'for' and 'since'
This resource introduces to P.3 students the simple past tense.Learning Outcomes:
Level: P4The PowerPoint shows the traditional costumes of other countries through pictures.Learning Outcomes:
- Distinguish between simple present tense and simple past tense
- Form the past tense by adding 'ed' to the verbs
- Pronounce the past tense of some regular verbs
- Describe past events using regular verbs
- Recognise the time adverbials such as yesterday, ago, last week, today and so on
Level: P5This resource contains a PowerPoint, a lesson plan and a worksheet. The PowerPoint uses pictures to teach students the story of Qu Yuen and the origin of Dragon-boat Festival in an interesting way.Learning Outcomes:
- Identify different occupations by describing their uniform
- Describe selected national costume by using the phrase '… with a fan…' or '…in a hat…' etc.
- Name the selected national costume
- Introduce oneself
- Tell the story about Dragon-boat Festival
- Talk about festive food
- Open an interaction by eliciting a response, asking questions or providing information on a topic