The Teacher Award for Business and Financial Education (The Award) is jointly organised by Hong Kong Education City (HKEdCity) and Hong Kong Association for Business Education (HKABE), and supported by Education Bureau (EDB) and the Investor Education Centre (IEC). The award aims at promoting knowledge, skills, attitudes, motivations and behaviours in business and financial education among secondary schools in Hong Kong. It also contributes to a core action of the Hong Kong Strategy for Financial Literacy (HKSFL).
- To acknowledge good practices and recognise the efforts and contributions of teachers in business and financial education
- To raise financial literacy in the school sector
- To develop a sharing community among teachers on business and financial education
- All secondary school teachers have taught or promoted business and financial education.
- Teachers can apply individually or as a team of not more than 3 teachers who are supported by their schools.
|24 January 2018 (Wed)||Deadline of application and submission|
|5 February 2018 (Mon)||Notification of shortlisted candidates|
|24 February 2018 (Sat)||Interview by the judging panel for shortlisted candidates/teams*|
|26 February 2018 (Mon)||Announcement of results|
|10 March 2018 (Sat)||Award presentation|
*the shortlisted candidates/teams will be invited to give a 20-minute presentation in front of the Judging Panel to demonstrate the effectiveness of their programmes and followed by a 10-minute Q&A session. Additional information about the programme such as short video footages could be supplemented during the presentation.