- Elements of a play, e.g. setting, scene, character, props
- Use action verbs and adverbs to tell the actions and manner in stage directions
- Use adjectives to describe people, animals, objects, conditions and feelings
- Use appropriate formats, conventions and languages features when writing a variety of text types, e.g. plays
- Express imaginative ideas with the help of cues
An online writing tool for writing a play or a story using the same setting
- Choose the basic elements of a story, the 'Characters', 'Setting', and 'Props', before writing.
- Click 'Write a Play' to start writing the play.
- Pick 'Stage Direction', 'Narrator', 'Character' or 'Act' from the pull down menu and fill in the box to write the play.
- After writing, students can print out the writing and act out the play.
- Click 'Write a story' to write a story with the same setting. Students can compare the features of a story and a play.